Our team is dedicated to treating individuals, couples and families who have been touched by foster care or adoption.
With over 100 years of experience in adoption, we are well-equipped to meet you at your point of need.
Our therapists and coaches are foster and adoption competent and have:
- Professional education and licensure
- Family-focused, strengths-based, culturally-competent approaches
- Clinical skills and expertise in treating individuals with a history of abuse, neglect and/or trauma
- A comprehensive understanding of development, separation, loss and attachment
- Familiarity with all types of adoption: infant, transracial, international, foster-adopt, step-parent and kinship
- A holistic bio-psycho-social-spiritual perspective on the healing journey
- Understanding of infertility, adoption and foster care and the unique challenges each of these journeys entail
Our team is trained in a variety of trauma-informed, attachment-rich modalities, including Theraplay®, Narrative Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and family systems.Trust-Based Relational Intervention® (TBRI) is also used with families who are parenting children who have experienced trauma, abuse and loss.